- To generate national data on the epidemiology of cancer, that can inform strategic decision making in the country in the area of cancer prevention and healthcare planning for cancer health services.
- To add to the existing knowledge internationally in the area of cancer prevention, epidemiology of cancer and cancer, public health, cancer genomics, cancer immunology, and therapeutics.
Enhancing the Egyptian S&T community
- Producing trained researchers, who acquire their research expertise on the job through a focused "in-service " training program
- By presenting a model/ blueprint of scientific research organizations transferred from a working international model.
- Building capacities and expertise in newly emerging technologies to keep abreast of innovation in these areas.